Cash on delivery (COD) is one of the most enticing payment offers you can make to your customers. It creates a sort of psychological factor that your customer doesn’t have to pay upfront or commit to buying.
The cash on delivery payment method is especially popular in emerging markets like India, Brazil, Mexico and Russia. People want to pay after they have seen themselves that the product is satisfactory.
You can set up cash on delivery in Magento 2 by following these easy steps.
Setting Up Cash On Delivery
Step 1: Go to Stores => Configuration (under Settings)
Step 2: Expand Sales tab from the left sidebar and click on Payment Methods.
Step 3: Expand the Cash On Delivery Payment section in the payment methods configuration.
Step 4: Uncheck the Use system value box and fill in the following details:
- Enabled: Set this option to “Yes” to enable cash on delivery.
- Title: Set the title you want to be displayed to the customer during checkout.
- New Order Status: Set this to “Pending” so that the order status remains pending till you receive the payment.
- Payment from Applicable Countries: Set whether you want to offer cash on delivery payment method for all allowed countries or not. You can set this option to one of the two following options:
- All Allowed Countries
- Specific Countries: Select this if you want to offer cash on delivery method only for specific countries from the allowed countries list.
- Payment from Specific Countries: If you select Specific Countries in the previous section, this list becomes available. Select the countries you want to allow COD for.
- Instructions: Type in the instructions on how COD works in your store.
- Minimum Order Total: Set the minimum order amount for which COD is applicable.
- Maximum Order Total: Set the maximum order amount for which COD is applicable.
- Sort Order: Set the position of cash on delivery payment method in the payment methods list. Set this to ‘0’ to set the first position for COD option.
Step 5: Once you’re done filling the necessary details click on Save Config button in the top right corner to save the payment method.
You’ll be asked to refresh invalidated cache types via a system pop-up message.
Follow these steps to flush the cache.
This brings us to the end of our tutorial on how to setup cash on delivery in Magento 2.